Friday, September 11, 2009

Campus Fashion

As seen on campus:

Nike Shorts in various colors. . .
MUST be paired with Rainbow flip-flops for maximum appeal.

Here's the down low on campus fashion: Most students wear
Nike shorts and various university affiliated t-shirts to class, paired with rainbow flip-flops of course. I'll admit it. I gave in on the flip-flops. At first I was let-down, because I just paid $50 for these "fantastic" flip flops and low and behold they gave me horrible blisters. I then further complicated the situation by listening to the advice of a certain cute boy I know and covering the blisters with super glue. Well, that backfired and ripped off all the blisters and the accompanying skin. Ouch!

And though my feet are a little scarred now, it all worked out in the end. My Rainbows are completely broken in, and they are the most comfortable item in my wardrobe. They have plenty of arch support and the wide strap keeps them securely on my feet even as I trek up and down hills all over campus. Honestly, I get enough use out of them to cover the cost and then some. My advice: invest in a pair, but give yourself a good two weeks to break them in before you go trekking all over campus.

I have yet to give in on the shorts, however, because I see that as the ultimate sign of defeat. I prefer to look less like "I just walked out of the gym" and more like "I just walked off of the runway." I wish that campus was a little less casual and a little more like the show Gossip Girl. As you know, that show is my all time favorite fashion inspiration. In a previous post I blogged about how Instyle.com catalogs all of their outfits by season so you can purchase the same pieces online. You can't do that on a college kid's budget, though. . . Well, at least not mine. haha. Anyway, that is why I am super excited about the new Gossip Girl fashion line coming out at Target.

The collection, designed by Anna Sui, contains signature items representing each of the 4 main female characters: Blair, Serena, Jenny, and Vanessa. The line will be sold at Targets nation wide from September 13th to October 17th. Lucky for us, the pictures have leaked online, so to view them click here. Enjoy and if you see me at Target on September 13th, you'll have to forgive me for trampling you. ; )

2 comments:

  1. Go to class in whatever you feel comfortable in. There are days I go in sweats (usually sleep deprived or sick) and there are days I dress up more. I actually wear a lot of skirts to class when it is warm out. For me it also depends on who is in my classes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pair of Rainbows, although mine are the double-soled thin strapped ones, and I've certainly gotten plenty of us out of them. And I never wore shorts like that to class! I just like dressing up! Tee shirts and workout shorts are way overrated!

    ReplyDelete