Sunday, October 4, 2009

Where did the Weekend Go?

With the days getting shorter and oh so, so much colder, it seems like I am not getting much accomplished anymore. I studied all night Thursday for my French test and my first Sociology exam, which I made a 100 on! My Friday night was devoted entirely to eating. Jake, Rachel, and I went to Macaroni Grill for dinner. The waiter spent most of the time hitting on Rachel while I ate my lasagna. haha. Sometimes it stinks to have hot friends. He did give us free cake for Rachel's birthday, which is in April. . .

Saturday, the weather was PERFECT. I went running for around 2 hours off and on, taking breaks on benches around campus when I couldn't breathe anymore. I discovered that if I start sprinting at the top of pedestrian walkway, I can pick up enough speed to run up all 95 steps to the top of the hill. I did that a few times until I almost got hit by a car crossing Volunteer Blvd. I decided then that I had probably ran long enough. . . so Morgan and I went to Target to stock up on essentials. On our way back, we went to eat at Captain D's, where I discovered that it's weird to eat cheese sticks with honey mustard. Morgan is the first person to ever tell me this, but it's too late for me to change my ways now. . .

Saturday night, we went to the Valarium to celebrate our losses. As it turns out, it's not a great place to go without a date. It was just super awkward, because none of us could dance with each other since we're friends and that would be weird. So, we danced alone while all the couples around us put on the major grind. . . It was basically a bust. To top it off, on the way back a car in the parking lot ran over a water bottle and it busted, essentially spraying its entire contents all over me. I was soaking wet and tired and mad that I wasted 10 bucks.

So, that was my weekend. Sunday isn't really worth mentioning since all I've done is sleep and study.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on your test! I'm sorry your night didn't quite go as planned, but it's still good that you got out and did things. I sit around a whole lot because the week wears me out!

    ReplyDelete