Friday, October 23, 2009

Grieving is Over

So, I didn't get the position as a UT blogger and needless to say I've been pretty bummed. For a while, I decided to just give up blogging in general, but I realized that even if UT doesn't care what I have to say someone out there does. I mean, I have 10 followers. . . even if one of them is my mom. haha. Plus, not to get mushy or anything, but blogging is about more than just followers. Blogging makes my life better. My joys are sweeter when I get the chance to share them with others and my trials are easier when I know someone else can learn from them too. So take that UT Bloggers!

Anyways, I am now back and firing on all burners. I am very excited to announce that I have changed my major and I am now part of the very small percent of women in the chemical engineering program. For now, I am also still doing the whole pre-med thing, but in case that route doesn't work out the way I plan, I'll always have an engineering degree to back it up. With my history of fainting spells as a clinical intern . . . I'm thinking this back-up plan is a good idea.

My major change has also led me to question some other decisions in my life, like study abroad. I am currently studying French as one of my general education requirements and I have always wanted to study abroad in France. Sadly, there are no chemical engineering exchange programs in Paris, but there is one offered in Nice, which is in the French Riviera. I am pretty sure that it may be one of the most beautiful places on earth. In case you don't believe me, I am enclosing a picture below:


Other than that, I'm just trying to get through one day at a time. My main concern at this moment is where to get a CHEAP, MODEST, and CUTE Halloween costume. I had planned on being a cowgirl, because I already had all of the stuff. Then, I had to loan my stuff to my younger sister back in Mt. Juliet for a country western dance she was going to. This leaves me with no costume and back at square one. My other considerations are: a pirate, a witch, or an M&M. As you can see from my last pirate costume for a school skit, I was anything but cute. haha. Isn't the fake mustache the best?!


Anyways, I think I could probably make a cute M&M costume like the one in the picture below that I saw from Party city, but i just don't know when I'll have time to make it. . .

2 comments:

  1. I saw some cute ones at T J Maxx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I studied abroad in Paris during the summer. I've never been to Nice, but I'm dying to go to the French Riviera one day! Whichever you do will be a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete