Monday, November 23, 2009

So, I'm back. . .


Hello Everyone!

It's been quite a while since I have posted anything. I would like to blame it on stress or school or work or maybe a teeming social calendar. . . but sadly I cannot. I must admit to the world that the reason I have neglected to record my life is that I have been swept up in obsession. With one word, you may all lose any respect you had for me: Farmville. I know, I know. Right now you are probably thinking one of two things: 1.) Really, she has time for those lame facebook games? or 2.) AWESOME! Can we be neighbors?

If you are of the later persausion, feel free to friend request me and join my farming community. If you are of the former mindset, however, I can't blame you for your doubt. I'll admit that I too was once a nonbeliever. Then, I got tired of ignoring the requests and I joined "just to see what it was all about." Let me tell you. . . It is ADDICTING. I am now a level 25, just counting the days until I can become a level 26 and get my farmhouse. haha. Pathetic, but I am not ashamed.

Because, you see. . . Farmville is a fantastic stress releiver. You get to control your entire world for just a little while: what crops you plant, how your organize your land, where you put your trees. All of it is important and you are the only one that can control it. Plus, by looking at how other people play, you can truly get into their head and get to know them. By looking at someone's farm you can tell how organized they are, how motivated they are, how artistic they are, etc. I ate to sound shallow, but I think I have started judging people based on how cute their farm is. haha.

Some of my friends, however, seem to have mixed feelings about my obsession. Most of them have joined. Others say things like, "The only way I would play farmville is if I could put money into the game to pay for a drought on your farm." I don't blame them for not understanding, though. I just go on with my life. . . on the farm and off.

Love B

No comments:

Post a Comment