Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Know how the Cardinals Feel



Well, they announced rank today. Surprise! I am not, in fact, Valedictorian. I am salutatorian. I don't even know how to spell that, because that wasn't the plan. I haven't started crying . . . yet. I just can't believe that that's it. Four years of hard work and that's it. I lose. I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.I lose.It doesn't matter how many times I write it. It doesn't get better. It doesn't go away. I lost. I lost myself. I just feel empty. I guess that's how the Cardinals feel. They got to the Super Bowl and they lost. That's it. No ring. No fanfare. They are a disappointment. I am a disappointment. Now I am crying. Being a disappointment is the hardest part. My family cried. And I . . . I drowned my sorrow in 42 grams of blissful sugar. And I am not sure what's gonna happen to me. . . Maybe, I'll just have another cupcake.

2 comments:

  1. Rebakah, you did so good. Everyone is so proud of you. You did so great! You are ahead of so many people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salutatorian is amazing! Congratulations! Don't beat yourself up too much over it. That's seriously amazing. For a little story: I was ranked 40/356 in HS, with a 3.92 GPA (we didn't go over 4.0). But at college I was at the top of my class because I had to work so hard in HS. I graduated summa cum laude. Your hard work will pay off! And believe me, if you can get salut. then you've already won.

    ReplyDelete