Saturday, June 6, 2009

Little Church Handouts Compiled

So, every Sunday at church, I inevitably end up with some little handout with a quote. Seriously, though, what the heck do you do with all these handouts?Well, I decided to compile al mine into a web post. So here they are. I hope that maybe one of them will mean something to someone out there. : )

Elder Richard G. Scott on Making Choices:

"Your agency, the right to make choices, is not given so that you can get what you want. This divine gift is provided sot hat youwill choose what your Father in Heaven wants for you. That way he can lead you to become all that He intends for you to be. That path leads to glorious joy and happiness."

Unknown on Choices:

"The spirit of the Lord will reveal to people, even in the simpliest of matters, what they shall do, by making suggestions to them. We should try to learn the nature of this spirit, that we may understand its suggestions, and then we will always be able to do right. This is the grand provolege of every Latte-day Saint. We know that it is our right to have the manifestations of the spirit every day of our lives."


President Spencer W. Kimball on keeping a personal record (a.k.a. a journal/blog/diary):

"We may think there is little of interest or importance in what we personally say or do - but it is remarkable how many of our families, as we pass on down the line, are interested in all that we do and all that we say. Each of us is omportant to those who are near and dear to us - and as our posterity read of our life's experiences, they, too, will come to know and love us. And in that glorious day when our families are together for eternities, we will already be aquainted."

Elder Delbert L. Stapley on establishing good habits:

"Good habits are not aquired simply by making good resolves, though the thought must precede the action. Good habits are develped in the workshop of our daily lives. It is not in the great moments of test and trial that character is built. That is only when it is displayed. The habits that direct our lives and form our character are faashioned in the oft uneventful, commonplace routine of life."

Unknown on Personal Growth: 

"Trials, disappointments, sadness, and heartache come to us from two basically different sources. Those who trangress the laws of God will always have those challenges. The other reason for adversity is to accomplish the Lord's own purposes in our life that we may receive the refinement that comes from testing. [Some trials] are evidence tha the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more."


YW Value Stick (multicolored candy cane)


Red represents Individual Worth.

Remember that you are a daughter of God.

Orange represents Choice and Accounatability.

Make good choices and hold to the rod.

Yellow represents Good Works.

Serve others with all your might.

Green represents Knowledge.

Through study and prayer, seel truth and light.

Blue represents Divine Nature.

Strive to develop your divine qualities.

There are two more values --

And more thought should be given than what the eye sees.

The value of Faith can be found --

In the middle, which the other values surround.

Represented by white, faith is pure and true.

It is something you believe and underlies what you do.

now purple, where can it be?

It represents Integrity.

To find Integrity you must take a lick -

of the entire Young Women Value Stick.

And so it is with you and me,

We musst stick to our values to have integrity.


My Gospel Standards


I will remember my baptismal covenants and listen to the Holy Ghost.

I will be honest with heavenly Father, others, and myself.

I will seek good friends and treat others kindly.

I will dress modestly to show respect for Heavenly Father and myself.

i will only read and warch things that are pleasing to Heavenly Father.

I will use the names of Heavenly Father and Jesus Reverently. I will not swear or use crude words.

I will keep my mind and body sacred and pure, and I will not partake of things that are harmful to me.

I will do those things on the Sabbath that will help me feel closer to heavenly Father.

I will chose the right. I know I can repent if I make a mistake.

I will live now to be worthy to go to the temple and serve a mission. I will follow Heavenly father's plan for me.

Gordon B. Hinckley on Marriage:

You will wish to be married to someone who lover you, who trusts you, who walks beside you, who is your very best friend and companion.

You will wish to be married to someone who will encourage you in your Church activity and in community activities which will help you to develop your talents and make a greater contribution to society.

You will want to be married to someone who has a sense of service to others. who is disposed to contribute to the church and to other good causes. You will wish to be married to someone who loves the Lord and seeks to do his will.

Are you the type of person that you would like to marry?

No comments:

Post a Comment