Thursday, June 25, 2009

Beauty Babbles: Preventing Razor Bumps


With swim suit season upon us, there is one beauty issue weighing heavily on my mind: razor bumps. I absolutely hate the things and have so far been unable to avoid them. So, I've done some research on the topic and complied a list of seven steps that hopeful helps in their prevention.


1. Always use a new razor.


2. Shave as soon as you get into the shower/bath. Soaking in the water may be relaxing, but it causes the skin to soften and swell. This makes ingrown hairs more likely.


3. Shave the bikini area first so the razor is sharpest.


4. Use a shaving gel made specifically for the bikini line. Personally, I'll be testing Bikini Zone: Anti-bumps Shave gel. Let it sit on the skin for several minutes to soak in.


5. After shaving, apply a cream that contains lidocain to help prevent swelling.


6. Aoid friction from tight clothing, etc. immediately after shaving.


7. If bumps still appear, DON'T pick at them. Let them heal on their own and be sure to apply a healing product like neosporin.


I hope this regiment helps someone. I'm going to try it for a week and let you know how it works for me. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment