Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Higher Standard

I don't know if this is true, but someone told me that blogspot is 90% Mormon. In case you aren't though, I just wanted to give a quick testimony to tell you what we're all about.

So . . . I'm a Mormon. Most people wonder what that means. They think it's all about the rules. No coffee. No tea. No drugs. No alcohol. No tobacco. No dating 'till you're 16. No cursing. No miniskirts. No bikinis. No random body piercings. No tattoos. No going out on Sunday. No. No. No.
But that's not what it's all about.

We live by a higher standard, because the main part of being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is an overwhelming devotion to our savior Jesus Christ. As Nephi said in the Book of Mormon, ". . . we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." I know that my Savior lives. Through his atonement, I can be forgiven of my sins. All these rules, they are not the big picture. In the eternal perspective, I follow these rules so that I can return to live with my Savior.

So, if you want to know more, visit LDS.ORG or message me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ms. Valedictorian...
    You misspelled tattoos. :)

    I gotta pay you back for all the times you made fun of my spelling...

    ReplyDelete