Thursday, February 26, 2009
1.) I am currently a state finalist in the Zinch March Madnezz Scholarship Competition. I was selected from over 7,000 students from Tennessee to represent our state. To advance to regions, I must be in the top 6 of around 50 students. How do I get there? I need your help. I need each and everyone of you to vote for me.
2.) So, how do you vote? It's an online vote. Just click on the link below. It will take you to the page, but you have to be a member. Don't sweat, though. Sign-up only takes a minute, and it's 100% free. First, click on sign up. The first question will be "Who am I?" select "other." Then, you will pick a username and password. After that, it will only ask for your name, gender, and zip code. Voila! You're done.They'll send you a confirmation email. After you confirm, you'll be free to vote!
3.) This might sound synical, but I know a few of you are wondering, "Why bother?" Well, there are about a million and one reasons, but I only have time for three. First of all, when you do something nice for someone, good things happen. It's called karma. : ) Second, I'm planning on attending Vanderbilt in the fall. Tution is roughly $50K a year, so this scholarship would really help me. Lastly, I am going to be a plastic surgeon, specializing in pediatric reconstructive surgery. If you vote for me, you'll also be helping many, many children in the future.
Is that enough of a guilt trip? JK, but seriously . . . please take a few minutes of your time to help me.
P.S. Please forward this message to as many people as possible . . . just not the creepy stalkers.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Conversation in Car, driving by GirlScout cookie stand:
Hannah: I love GirlScout cookies! Too bad I don't have $14.
Me: What do you need $14 for?
Hannah: To buy a box.
Me: One box?
Hannah: Yeah . . . that's how much they cost, isn't it?
This morning while getting ready:
Me: Hannah, I'm really tired. I stayed up late watching CSPAN.
Hannah: What's CSPAN?
Me: Like, the Congress channel.
Hannah: Why in the world were you watching that?
Me: Because T. Boone Pickins was giving an address on foreign oil dependence. (Pause) Did you know that America uses 25% of the daily oil produced, but we only have 4% of the population?
Hannah: (completely serious) What do we use it all for? To fry stuff?
Saturday, February 21, 2009
On the bright side, I gave blood (on Friday the 13th) without fainting. I don't care what people say, giving blood hurts. My nurse or whatever totally screwed up. Just look at the bruise I got. This picture is about three days after; it was actually a lot worse. In fact, I still have a massive bruise and it's been 8 days.
Well, what else? Hmmmm . . . The seniors had our Top Ten Percent Banquet. It was unreal how boring it was, but it's one of those things that seniors do. I was having trouble deciding what to wear. In the end, I went way casual, maybe a little too casual . . .
That's me - the one on the far left in need of a serious hair cut. To my right are three of my best friends. We look so different, but I think it's so cool that we can be ourselves with our own styles.
Present Day Richard Gere
So, I was watching Nights in Rodanthe, which is super sad by the way. Anyway, I just can't believe how handsome Richard Gere is. I swear he gets better looking every year. So, here's a couple of pictures for you to decide for yourself.
Monday, February 16, 2009
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude.
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received the award.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
1. Go to your documents/pictures.
2. Go to your 6th file.
3. Go to your 6th picture.
4. Blog about it.
5. Tag 6 people to do the same.
Well, this picture's pretty lame. I thought about cheating so I could post a fun picture, but I really just couldn't bring myself to it. Anyways, this is when my car got totaled. Mine's the blue Lexus ES300 on the bottom. Basically, this elderly lady (had to be close to 100) drove over a wall and parked her car on top of my car. This picture was taken while the tow truck was pulling her car off. In the end, my windsheild was busted, hood cruched, fender bukled, and bumper falling off. Plus, she knocked the muffler loose and unaligned the tires. Terrible, I know.
The worst part was that not even a minute before, I was under my hood checking my oil level. If she would have been a minute earlier, I would probly be dead right now. Makes you appreciate life a little more. Huh?
Monday, February 9, 2009
Sunday, during church.
Sarah: Beka, your breath stinks.
Me: No, it doesn't. I just brushed my teeth, and I'm chewing gum.
Sarah: Then, your nose breath stinks. Can you please breath through your mouth.
Monday, before school.
Sarah: I haven't been to school in a week. Hope I hope I don't act like a maniac.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
1. I am totally technologically challenged. I already typed up this entire list and accidentally deleted it.
2. I am a closet sugar eater. Shhhh! Don't Tell. ; )
3. My car is the loudest at Wilson Central (and not on purpose).
4. I drink organic milk from a farm in Rock Springs. It's chunky. : /
5. I get up at 4:00 a.m. every morning.
6. I love the smell of charcoal and wood burning.
7. I can grill babyback ribs. I even have a secret barbecue sauce recipe.
8. I hate Popsicles. Thinking about them makes my teeth hurt.
9. I hate KFC. The smell makes me sick.
10. I am completely unmotivated. I have no idea what I want to do with my life, despite what I might tell you.
11. I have 4 sisters, but I am sort of more like their mom than their sister. (B/C I am so bossy.)
12. I love all things pink. (See the post of my room for proof.)
13. My favorite movie is Mulan. I sing all the songs in the shower. : )
14. My favorite author is Jane Austen. I must have read Pride and Prejudice a hundred times.
15. I love to make my own clothes. My family, however, has warned me they are prepared to nominate my for What Not to Wear.
16. Goodwill is my hero. They provide jobs to those in need and great deals.
17. You need to stay on my good side, because I'm like Mr. Darcy. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.
18. I have 30 pairs of shoes. Mostly flats and boots and heels and tennis shoes . . .
19. I know my way around a Dutch oven. I especially love Dutch oven peach cobbler.
20. My dream is to be on SNL. (Yeah, I am secretly hilarious.)
21. I want to move to Australia and stay until I have an accent.
22. Sparkling Voss is my favorite water. It comes in really nice glass bottles.
23. I could not live without my North Face backpack.
24. Chicago is my favorite city of all time.
25. I am secretly obsessed with Joe Jonas.